During our RYA Zodiac boat training we teach individuals (max. 3 persons) how to properly operate and navigate a Zodiac boat. In the mean time you obtain the RYA Powerboat Level 2 certification.
This certification is very often mandatory on board ships.
Zodiac boats are inflatable, motorised boats which are commonly used for a variety of activities, such as exploring remote areas, rescuing people in distress, and conducting scientific research.
We own 2 identical Zodiac Milpro MK5’s at our home base in Scheveningen.
To provide a training for expedition staff under similar circumstances we have purchased 2 identical Zodiac mil pro MK 5’s with Yamaha engine (tiller steering and hydraulic trim). The steering and boating characteristics with a tiller are slightly different than on a rib with a steering wheel and a throttle. We have put together a training where we teach you to be able to work as a RYA certified Zodiac driver on an expedition ship sailing in the polar regions. We know from personal experience what you can expect. Training typically includes instruction on safety procedures, navigation, and basic boat handling, as well as hands-on practice operating the boat in different conditions.
Why choose for Rib School Scheveningen?
- We have experienced trainers, with polar experience. We like to share our knowledge.
- Out of more than 300 reviews our score is 9.8
- The Zodiac training is held on our Zodiac Miler’s MK 5 HD, identical to those on expedition vessels.
- We are in the near proximity of the North Sea. An exiting and challenging place to navigate.
- Outside the port we do not have restricted areas with speed limits, so great for training our high speed turns and MOB.
- The port is great for all manoeuvring exercises with various types of vessels and sailing yachts.
- Our office is located at only 50 meters from our boats, which is convenient and efficient
- During the training everyone will be provided with all the necessary gear from Helly Hansen.
- During the day it is free parking, just in front of the entrance of our office!
- Scheveningen is a popular destination for water sports, restaurants and beach life, with a big variety of hotel accommodation.
We operate from our Rib School in Scheveningen or we provide onboard training from Expedition vessels.
Since 2018 Rib School Scheveningen has started providing RYA Powerboating courses on expedition vessels sailing to both Antarctica and the Arctic.
The increasing demand to certify staff on expedition vessels with the RYA Powerboat Level 2 was the immediate reason for this.